Catalog 2013-2014

Withdrawing for Military Duty

In the event of a military emergency whereby students who are in the Armed Services, the National Guard, or Armed Forces Reserve receive activation notices or receive notification to report for duty and are no longer able to attend classes, students may select one of the following options:

  • To withdraw from the college for the semester — the students' records will reflect no enrollment, thus no grades will appear on their transcripts. The college will refund all tuition and fees; however, the Financial Aid Office will return Title IV, Pell Grant, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant funds in accordance with federal regulations.
  • To receive the appropriate letter grades and any applicable refunds — the Financial Aid Office will calculate such courses as "attempted" for HOPE and satisfactory academic progress purposes (see Satisfactory Academic Progress for more information).

To select an option, students must provide documentation of such military service from an appropriate military official.