Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the associate of applied science degree program in Physical Therapist Assistant will be able to complete the following competencies:
- Pass the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) for physical therapist assistants.
- Perform interventions under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist in an ethical, legal, technically competent, and safe manner.
- Obtain accurate information by performing data collection within the established plan of care.
- Provide documentation to support the delivery of physical therapy services, including interventions, response to interventions, and data collection techniques.
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills with physical therapists, patients, family members, and other healthcare providers.
- Implement a self-directed plan for career development and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the personal and professional ethics and interpersonal skills that are expected in the workplace.