Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the diploma program in Practical Nursing will be able to complete the following tasks:Provide care for patients across the life span and their families within the practical nursing role.
- Demonstrate the ability to make reasonable clinical judgments through the use of the nursing process.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team in a collaborative environment.
- Utilize effective communications techniques with individuals, families, and members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate caring by recognizing the patient's holistic needs and promoting the patient's values and choices.
- Assume responsibility and accountability in the practice of practical nursing as defined by the Georgia Nurse Practice Act and professional standards of the practical nurse.
- Demonstrate the personal and professional ethics and interpersonal skills that are expected in the workplace.