Catalog 2023-2024

Transient Status for Athens Technical College Students

Students who are pursuing diploma or associate degree programs of study at Athens Technical College may occasionally wish to take courses at other regionally accredited colleges for transfer to Athens Technical College. Such students should first seek the advice of their academic advisor and/or the Registration and Records Office to ensure that transient student status will meet residency and other graduation-related requirements. Regular admission students seeking transient status must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing. Students who do not declare a program of study (special admission status) are ineligible to be transient students at other institutions. 

Athens Technical College approves transient student status only for courses included in (or equivalent to those listed in) programs of study offered at the college. Students must satisfactorily complete all ATC course prerequisites before gaining transient approval. Students must also satisfy corequisite requirements established by Athens Technical College. For additional guidance, students should refer to the Registration and Records page of the Athens Technical College website. Students must submit transient requests each term they plan to enroll in courses at other colleges.

The Director of Registration and Records will verify that students are currently enrolled and are in good academic standing. The Director will also determine whether the courses they plan to take as transient students apply to their programs of study. If students satisfy the criteria, the Director of Registration and Records will approve the request.

After completing courses, transient students must request that the registrars at the other colleges send official transcripts to Athens Technical College. Athens Technical College's Office of Registration and Records will award transfer credit for courses completed with grades of C or higher. Students should access their student records via Banner Web and/or DegreeWorks to verify that the transfer credit has been awarded.