Environmental and Safety Services
Athens Technical College offers a variety of environmental and safety services that identify areas needing emphasis or that do not meet current or proposed Occupational Safety and Health Administration or Environmental Protection Agency guidelines.
As part of its OSHA alliance, the college offers employee training in handling hazardous materials, consulting services in engineering, and training on workplace safety issues. Ergonomics consultants can also assist in eliminating workplace injuries and lost work time. Specific services include:
- Environmental and safety assessments
- OSHA/EPA consulting, planning, and training
- Hazardous waste management training
- Technical and engineering studies
- Arc Flash and other safety training