Existing Employee Training Services
Athens Technical College offers varied training for existing employees and is the "first-call" employee-training partner for many companies in Northeast Georgia. Staff members analyze company processes and develop customized training activities to solve key operational issues.
Training areas include leadership, communications, supervision, computer skills, sales, customer service, team building, industrial maintenance, safety issues, Occupational Safety and Health Administration compliance issues, and Environmental Protection Agency and hazardous materials training, among others.
Customer service training includes professional dress, telephone skills, multicultural issues, sales, and serving difficult customers. Computer training highlights the latest software and operating systems. Other training activities available include:
- Job performance improvement
- Inventory control and purchasing
- Communications and interpersonal skills
- Computers and web-based courses
- Quality control, ISO 9000 and 14000, Six Sigma, LEAN, and 5-S
- Executive coaching and leadership development
- Supervisory skills training and team development
- Technical and business writing
- Personnel development and assessment
- Strategic planning
- On-site management consulting
- Maintenance skills assessment
- Maintenance systems analysis
- Advanced manufacturing technology
Athens Technical College can assess the training needs of an organization and customize programs to correct deficiencies. Customized programs are efficient because they target only those areas needed by the client. These services are available on a contractual basis to business and industry clients.