Student Learning Outcomes
The Nursing program will provide the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to practice competently and safely as a beginning nurse generalist in diverse healthcare environments. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to complete the following:
- Provide holistic, patient-centered care through professional application of the nursing process (human flourishing).
- Synthesize knowledge from a broad educational foundation upon which nursing practice is based (nursing judgment).
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the healthcare team in identifying and meeting needs of individuals, families, and communities (nursing judgment).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for continuous personal and professional growth (spirit of inquiry).
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) (professional identity).
- Function as beginning practitioners in professional nursing according to established standards of practice and regulatory frameworks (professional identity, safe practice in contemporary healthcare environments).
- Demonstrate the personal and professional ethics and interpersonal skills that are expected in the workplace (professional identity).