Catalog 2021-2022

Withdrawing for Military Duty

In the event of a military emergency, students who are in the Armed Services, the National Guard, or Armed Forces Reserve may select one of the following options:

  • Withdraw from the college for the semester — students' records will reflect no enrollment, thus no grades will appear on their transcripts. The college will refund all tuition and fees; however, the Financial Aid Office will return Title IV, Pell Grant, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant funds in accordance with federal regulations.
  • To receive the appropriate letter grades and any applicable refunds — the Financial Aid Office will calculate such courses as "attempted" for HOPE and satisfactory academic progress purposes (see Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Students withdrawing for military-related reasons must provide activation notices/notification to report for duty to the Registration and Records Office. In the event of service member relocation or an activation/report for duty hardship, student dependents of military personnel may qualify for withdrawing under this procedure. Student dependents must provide to the Registration and Records Office documentation of such military service from an appropriate military official and of dependent relationship to the serving military personnel.