Agricultural and food science technicians held about 25,900 jobs in 2012. The industries that employed the most agricultural and feed science technicians in 2012 were as follows:
Employment of agricultural and food technicians is projected to grow 3 percent from 2012 through 2022.
- Food manufacturing (26 percent)
- Colleges, universities, and professional schools (19 percent)
- Support activities for agriculture and forestry (17 percent)
- Research and development in the physical, engineering, and life sciences (8 percent)
- Animal production and aquaculture (7 percent)
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-2015 edition, Agricultural and Food Science Technicians.