Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the diploma program in Dental Assisting will be able to complete the following tasks:
- Perform current entry-level dental assisting skills.
- Use critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental specialties, dental management, and being a member of the dental team.
- Pass the dental assisting national board examination/certification and the Georgia expanded functions certification.
- Demonstrate the personal and professional ethics and interpersonal skills that are expected in the workplace.
Graduates of the TCC program in Radiology/EFDA Cert Dental Assisting will be able to complete the following tasks:
- Understand fundamentals of Radiology and Radiation Safety.
- Understand radiographic anatomy and interpretation.
- Understand itraoral and xtraoral radiographic techniques.
- Quality assurance techniques.
- Perform expanded duties a prescribed by Georgia Law.