Student Learning Outcomes
The Nursing program will provide the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to practice competently and safely as a beginning nurse generalist in diverse healthcare environments. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to achieve the following end-of-program student learning outcomes:
- Synthesize knowledge of the nursing process and use critical thinking to make clinical judgments utilizing evidence based practice.
- Communicate clearly and concisely using written, oral and/or electronic formats in identifying and meeting the needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Provide patient-centered care in a variety of healthcare settings to a diverse patient population.
- Implement the National Patient Safety Goals, progressing from simple to complex care in all healthcare settings
- Function within the legal, ethical and professional frameworks of nursing practice.