Radiologic technologists held about 199,200 jobs in 2012. The industries that employed the most technologists in 2012 were as follows:
- General medical and surgical hospitals (59 percent)
- Office of physicians (20 percent)
- Medical and diagnostic laboratories (8 percent)
- Outpatient care centers (6 percent)
- Federal Government, excluding postal service (3 percent)
Employment opportunities are projected to increase by approximately 13 percent from 2016 to 2026.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-2015 edition, Radiologic and MRI Technologists.